At Hastings School we are fully committed to excellence and academic success. As well as developing a sense of responsibility and curiosity in our pupils, at Hastings we aim for high academic performance and excellent results in external examinations.
Every year the students of Hastings School achieve outstanding levels of performance in their external examinations, well above the average found in the United Kingdom.
Achieved A*- A in the last two years
Achieved A*- C in the last two years
Congratulations to all students who took A levels and IGCSEs this year in achieving a really strong set of results and a big improvement from last year. Despite the number of top grades at A level falling worldwide to the lowest level for 12 years, Hastings students achieved significantly more top grades than last year.
A Levels and Universities
- The percentage of A* and A grades has risen from 36% last year to 44% this year.
- 21% of students obtained three A grades or better.
- The percentage of A* grades in Maths has risen 13% to 20%
- The percentage of A* and A grades in Physics has risen from 25% to 50%
- The percentage of A* and A grades in Spanish has risen from 65% to 83%
- English Literature didn´t have any As or above last year and this year it was 25%
- The percentage of A* to B grades in Geography has risen from 14.3% to 67%
- The percentage of A* to B grades in Maths rose from 55% last year to 65% this year.
- The percentage of A* to B in Science rose from 59% last year to 82% this year.
- The percentage of students achieving at least five A* to C grades rose from 94% last year to 100% this year
- 43% of students obtained six or more A and A* grades.
- 14% of students achieved five or more A* grades.
At the end of their studies, our pupils can apply to British and Spanish universities, as well as other outstanding institutions around the world. Typically 100% of our students decide to continue their education at university and graduate with the academic qualifications and interpersonal skills to do so with confidence.
Students at Hastings are offered individual guidance on the type and number of courses they should study, and the consequent career and university options which exist for each student. All students are assisted with their university applications.
We have a dedicated Universities Counsellor who provides individual guidance and support with respect to university applications
University Entrance and Leavers' Destinations 2019
going to the UK
1st choice of University
of applicants received Russell Group offers
These are some Universities attended by graduates in Hastings School from 2010 to 2019.
Normally 100% of our graduates go on to attend university mainly in the UK or in Spain.