We have started back and managed to both comply with all the new regulations and ensure all students are able to attend in person five days a week. It has been great to be back and see students happy and enjoying school.
While inevitably a lot of focus is on COVID preparations, we don’t want it to dominate everything we do. We have exciting plans for the year including:
- Continued focus on training and development, making sure our staff (by far the most important aspect of any school) are as good as they can be.
- A clear, whole school approach to teaching and learning (working with leading educationalist Professor Guy Claxton).
- A continued drive on academic results and supporting our students to access the best global universities.
- Keeping the best bits from our experience of online learning.
- Starting the two year process of implementing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- A new communication platform for parents, some time in 2021, which will mean one access point for parents for all information.
So an exciting year ahead but one thing we can be certain of is that there will be unexpected twists and turns!
We have worked hard to ensure that every element of the school day continues to follow government and expert guidance on Covid-19. Operations including cleaning, catering and transport have all been thoroughly reviewed over the summer with additional measures being put in place to ensure maximum protection for the safety of our students, parents and staff.
We have sent all families comprehensive “Back to School” guidance with detailed information regarding school logistics and procedures in place, such as “bubble” groups, social distancing guidelines, one way system around the school, staggered entrance and exit, breaks and lunch times to limit congestion, health monitoring, hygiene protocols, extended cleaning regime, amongst many others.