Hastings is an IB World School
We are very proud to announce that Hastings School is going to offer the IB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME for September 2022.
The IB Programme prepares students for success in higher education and to be active participants in a global society.
IB learners strive to be inquisitive, knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, caring, balanced and reflective individuals, as well as good thinkers, communicators and risk-takers.
What is the
IB Diploma Programme?
It is an academically challenging and balanced program of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 15 to 18, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students, and it has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- Develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups
- Develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education
- Study at least two languages and increase their understanding of cultures, including their own
- Make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique Theory of Knowledge course
- Undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the
- Enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service