Preparing for success at school, university and life beyond
Our vision is to ensure students are equipped to succeed at school, university and in life beyond. We want students to enjoy school, fulfil their academic potential and develop the skills and attributes they will need once they leave education: to work as part of a team, empathise with others, speak multiple languages, think critically and so on.
At Hastings we explicitly design our approach to education to help students develop these attributes and emerge ready to face the next phase of their life with confidence.
How we bring our vision to life
Hastings is a school where we aim to ensure that students...
• care about each other and feel valued by their teachers.
• are curious about their learning and are passionate about the pursuit of knowledge and understanding.
• are given every chance to fulfil their academic potential and access top universities around the world.
• develop the attributes they will need to be successful at school, university and in life. Personal qualities such as collaboration, communication, resilience and a growth mindset are just as important as academic grades.
• become globally minded, multi-lingual young people who are culturally intelligent, able to empathise with the viewpoints of others and determined to help create a more just and sustainable world.
We want to provide a safe space for students and help them develop a sense of responsibility to care for each other, the school community and the wider world. They should feel both cared for and that they have a duty to care for others.
We aim to help students be curious about the world – to enjoy learning and want to find out more. Top universities are looking for students who not only have excellent grades but also a love of learning.
We aim to help students be academically successful, get excellent grades and access the best global universities. However, more than that, we want students to develop the personal qualities – collaboration, communication, resilience and a growth mindset – that are vital for success in life.
We want students to emerge from Hastings as culturally intelligent young men and women, able to communicate fluently in multiple languages and determined to help create a more just and sustainable world.