Why choose British Education?
Choosing a British school is about far more than just the language:
- It offers the students an enjoyable way to learn and promotes the ability to think for themselves.
- The aim is to achieve excellent academic success but also encourages students to develop the attributes that will be vital later in life: collaboration; creativity; resilience; empathy etc.
- The official examinations in the British system are recognised globally. A British education can open doors to the best universities in the world
British Curriculum at Hastings School
We offer the national curriculum of England adapted to incorporate the minimum requirements of the Spanish national curriculum so that the education of our graduates can be validated by the Spanish Ministry of Education. Essentially this means that we use approximately 20% of our curriculum to teach up to native speaker’s level Spanish and the history and geography of Spain.
Our pupils sit a variety UK standardised tracking tests, including MidYIS, Yellis and Alis, the UK standardised achievement tests at the end of year 6 and year 9 (internally corrected), and we offer the traditional battery of externally set, pre-university examinations typical for any British school:
- International General Certificate of Education (IGCSE; Year 11)
- Advanced Subsidiary (AS level; Year 12)
- Advanced Level (A level; Year 13)
Hastings School is recognised by the UK Government as an overseas British school having successfully passed an inspection by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) section of the UK Ministry of Education (November 2012).